I have to admit it is always so exciting when I’m about to go on a hiking trip either locally or on some backcountry hike. However like most of you adventurers already know it takes preparation to get ready for a proper hike.
Beyond picking your location, finding the right time to go on your hike and your squad to travel with. You have to then start thinking about what to pack. So below I have compiled a Hiking Essentials list of a few things you should always take along, no matter how long or short, deserted trail you may be on. I hope this list helps you get started but of course depending on what climate and what type of hike you are doing this list will expand. Happy hiking.
- Use Compression bags to minimize clothing size.
- In your backpack make sure the heaviest items are closests to the back. The lightest things at the bottom and top and your middle weight gear towards the center
- Solar-powered terrain charger or backpack that works with all your devices so you are never without your electronic essentials.
- Quick Drying hiking Pants.
- W&P Design The Margarita- For when you need to unwind.
- The Honey Hutch: Beeswax Lip Balm
- Sleeping bag.
- First-Aid Kit.
- Water Bottle/Hydration Sleeve- For your water bottles make sure it is packed on the side sleeves so you can reach it without taking the pack off.
I hope you enjoyed my article on PACKING HIKING ESSENTIALS LIST. What else do you pack when you go Hiking. Leave in the Comments below. Or let’s connect socially! Follow me on my social platforms. See you there!